=== The Events Calendar ===
Contributors: Shane Pearlman (shane.pearlman), Peter Chester (peterchester), John Gadbois (jgadbois), Kelsey Damas (kelseydamas), Matt Wiebe (mattwiebe), Rob La Gatta (roblagatta), Justin Endler, Reid Peifer (reid.peifer), Dan Cameron (dancameron) produced by Modern Tribe, Inc. (moderntribe)
Tags: modern tribe, tribe, widget, events, tooltips, grid, month, list, calendar, recurring, event, venue, eventbrite, registration, tickets, ticketing, eventbright, api, dates, date, plugin, posts, sidebar, template, theme, time, google maps, conference, workshop, concert, meeting, seminar, summit, forum, shortcode
Donate link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=QA7QZM4CNQ342
Requires at least: 3.1
Tested up to: 3.2.1
Stable tag: 2.0.1
== Description ==
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are upgrading from a previous version of The Events Calendar, please BACK UP your data before upgrading! This is a significant update.
The Events Calendar plugin enables you to rapidly create and manage events. Features include Google Maps integration as well as default templates such as a calendar grid and event list, widget and so much more. Looking for recurring events, the ability to sell tickets, manage conference schedules, accept user submitted events automatically and more? Check out the available premium and community add-ons. Have questions or looking to get help from our active user community, join us on Facebook, sign up for our newsletter (bottom of the home page) or check out our support page. Please note that while we are actively supporting this plugin, we don't provide support for non-paying users.
= The Events Calendar 2.0 =
* Event custom post type
* Easily manage events
* Upcoming Events Widget
* Provides full template to complement the 2010 & 2011 theme out of the box (month and list view)
* Extensive template tags for customization
* MU Compatible
* Google Maps Integration
* Calendar Month view with tooltips
* Includes support for venue, cost, address, start and end time, google maps link
= Events Calendar Pro Features =
* Recurring events
* Saved venues & organizers
* Custom events attributes
* Advanced events manager
* Venue view
* Single day view
* Ajax calendar
* Advanced widgets
* Gcal / ical user download (import)
* and lots more.
Grab a copy of Events Calendar Pro!
== Screenshots ==
1. Calendar View
1. List View
1. Single Post
1. Event Editor
1. Event List Admin
1. Settings Panel
== Installation ==
= Install =
1. Follow the directions in our simple video
1. Update your permalinks to ensure that the event specific rewrite rules take effect.
1. If you have trouble installing, see the [Codex](http://codex.wordpress.org/Managing_Plugins#Manual_Plugin_Installation) for more helpful info.
= Activate =
No setup required. Just plug and play!
= Requirements =
* PHP 5.2 or above
* WordPress 3.1 or above
== Documentation ==
For template tags, you can view our template tag includes in the "public" folder to read through the functions directly or visit our online documentation at http://tri.be/support/documentation
== Changelog ==
= 2.0.1 =
Small features, UX and Content Tweeks:
* Enabled method to turn off event upsell messages on your site in wp-config.php - define( 'TRIBE_HIDE_UPSELL', true );
* Updated migration message to help 1.6.5 users have an easier time when they upgrade to 2.0
* Added a "View my events" link in the settings panel to help users find where the calendar lives
* Added Russian and Swedish translation files.
* Broke out advanced functions into their own file "advanced-functions.php"
* Added in line documentation to all template tags and moved them to separate files in the /public folder
* Added and updated documentation on http://tri.be/support/documentation/
* Added "00" in the time drop down when in 24 hour mode
* Updated default end time to "17" for 24 hour mode
* Fixed broken link in the "you need events 2.0 open source" on activation for PRO users.
* More tag now properly crops content in loop
* Custom meta > number only drop down values now carry over
* Resolved an issue where single day view yielded a 404 if date was in the past
* Next event widget now shows the proper event
* Attachments on recurring events now persist across instances
* Custom recurring event error caused by blank end date fixed
* Default state now shows properly
* Title tags wrong in various views fixed
* Event date showing incorrectly for certain cases of recurrence fixed.
* Venue / Organizer data not saving for certain cases of recurrence fixed.
= 2.0 =
This is such a major re-write that we are starting the change log over.