=== The Guardian News Feed ===
Contributors: bluedaniel, openplatform
More info: http://www.guardian.co.uk/open-platform
Requires at least: 2.5
Tested up to: 3.0
Stable tag: 0.3
The Guardian News Feed plug-in enables you to publish articles by the Guardian directly to your blog.
== Description ==
This plugin enables you to publish Guardian articles directly to your blog.
Here are some of the things it does:
- Browse and search for articles to publish
- Post articles (or 'Save to Drafts') directly from your 'Posts' admin panel
- Automatic check-in and replace to make sure you have published the most current version of the article
When publishing articles from the Guardian, please adhere to our publishing guidelines, and be aware of the Terms and Conditions. Guidelines appear in the plug-in admin panel and the T&Cs are on our web site, but here are some reminders:
- Changes. You mustn't remove or alter the text, links or images you get from us.
- Key. If you don't have a key, get one here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/open-platform. It's required. If you do have one, please don't share it or use it anywhere else.
- Ads. Articles come with ads and performance tracking embedded in them. As above, you mustn't change or remove them. You can, of course, use your own ads elsewhere on your blog, too.
- Deletions. Sometimes but very rarely we have to remove articles. When that happens, this plug-in will replace the Guardian content within your blog post with a message saying that the content is not available anymore.
This plug-in is designed to be used as is. We have several ways of working with partners if you want to do something different. Find out more here:
If you have ideas on how to improve the plug-in or other things we could do with WordPress, please join the conversation here:
Guardian News & Media Ltd
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= How do I obtain a key? =
Click 'Get a Key' on the Guardian's Open Platform web site here:
You will need to register, tell us about your blog, and agree to the
Terms and Conditions. You will automatically receive a key which can
then be used to enable this plug-in.
= I have more questions. How can I get answers? =
The FAQ for the Open Platform is located here:
And there is a Google Group where you can post questions here:
== Changelog ==
= 0.3 =
* Relies more on Wordpress functions (less error prone)
* Bug fix to allow filtering by section
* Give thumbnails fixed width and height
* Modified refresh function to remove post revisions on published posts.
* Changed image for reverse Guardian Logo
* Imporved version control
= 0.2 =
* Bugfix: A critical bug with the daily refresh was found and fixed.
* Some minor text changes
= 0.1 =
* Plug-in released. This beta release is the first version.
== Installation ==
= You can find installation instructions here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/open-platform/news-feed-wordpress-plugin =
== Upgrade Notice ==
= none =
== Screenshots ==
= none =