=== WP-HoneyPot ===
Donate link: https://wiki.geekyhabitat.com/tiki-index.php?page=Donate
Tags: spam, project honeypot
Requires at least: 2.5
Tested up to: 2.6.2
Stable tag: 0.11
Provides a simple means to integrate tools provided by Project Honeypot to capture spammers and link harvesters that visit your blog.
== Description ==
[Project HoneyPot](http://www.projecthoneypot.org "Project HoneyPot") is a platform which uses HoneyPot "traps" to catch spammers and
automated bots in the act of the processes they are performing.
Other plugins such as BadBehaviour provide the ability to use the Project HoneyPot http:BL (blacklist), however in order to use this
you need to be a contributing member to the Project Honeypot project. This is where the idea for WP-HoneyPot came from, WP-HoneyPot
enables you to add a hidden link on your blog in one of several locations that will change randomly to ensure that spammers are
less able to adapt to the solution.
Any bugs with this plugin should be reported on [BugZilla](https://bugzilla.geekyhabitat.com/ "Bugzilla")
== Installation ==
1. Sign up for an account on ProjectHoneypot.org
1. Generate either a HoneyPot (that you can host yourself) or a QuickLink through the Project Honeypot Site
1. Upload the plugin directory to the wp-content/plugins folder on your wordpress installation.
1. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
1. Go to the Options Page, enter the link to your HoneyPot or QuickLink (that was provided in step 2 above)
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= If I find a problem with this plugin how do I report it? =
Pop on over to GeekyHabitat BugZilla and submit a bug for this plugin.
= If I would like to recommend an enhancement, can I do this? =
I welcome any enhancement requests for this plugin. Please visit GeekyHabitat BugZilla and log an enhancement request for the plugin.
= Where can I find further information on this plugin? =
You can get more information on this plugin at the GeekyHabitat Development Wiki - WP-HoneyPot
== Screenshots ==